Restaurant chains are offering free meals to U.S. military personnel in conjunction with Veterans Day.
In recent years, some national restaurant chains have begun the practice of demonstrating appreciation for U.S. military personnel (both veterans and those on active duty) by offering them free meals in observance of Veterans Day (November 11). Here are some of the chains that will be participating in such programs in 2016:
- Applebee’s: Veterans and Active Duty Military can select a free meal from a limited menu for Veterans Day with proof of service. All current and former military personnel will also receive a $5 coupon that can be redeemed between 12 and 27 November 2016.
- Back Yard Burgers: All veterans and active duty military who present their military ID or are in uniform will receive a free Back Yard Classic Burger.
- Baker’s Square: Veterans and active duty military get a free breakfast on Veterans Day (at participating locations).
- Bandana’s Bar-B-Q: Veterans and active duty get up to $10 worth of free food.
- BLT Steak: With military ID: Half off for parties of two or fewer, 25 percent off for parties of three or more at BLT Steak Atlanta, Charlotte, DC, NYC, and White Plains. 25 percent off at BLT Steak Las Vegas. 35 percent discount regardless of party size at BLT Steak Waikiki.
- BJ’s Restaurant: Active duty and veterans can receive any entree worth up to $12.95 with a military ID.
- California Pizza Kitchen: All full-service California Pizza Kitchen restaurants in the U.S. are offering a complimentary entree from a special Veterans Day menu.
- Bob Evans: Veterans and active military personnel will receive free all-you-can-eat hotcakes at Bob Evans restaurants.
- Bonanza Steakhouse: Varies; contact your local restaurant for details.
- Boston’s Restaurant & Sports Bar: Purchase a paper “Boston Lager” glass to #PourOneForward for military members, who then will receive a beer for free upon request the week of 14 November 2016.
- Bruegger’s Bagels: Veterans and active military members may enjoy a free small coffee. Offer valid at participating locations, and no purchase is necessary.
- California Pizza Kitchen: On 11 November, veterans and active military get a complimentary entrée from a special Veterans Day menu at all participating restaurants.
- Carrabba’s: From 7 to 13 November, Carrabba’s Italian Grill is offering all active and retired veterans a free appetizer.
- Champps: All veterans and active duty military get a free handcrafted cheeseburger and fries on 11 November (but call ahead to verify).
- Charlie Brown’s: Charlie Brown’s Fresh Grill is serving up free entrees for veterans and active duty military on November 11.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise: Cheeseburger in Paradise is offering a free All-American burger and fries (with any beverage purchase of $1.99 or more) to all military personnel on 11 November 2016.
- Chili’s: Chili’s is offering a free entree from their Veterans Day Menu to all veterans and active military personnel on 11 November.
- Chuck E. Cheese: Active and retired military members get a free individual one-topping pizza with offer code 5258.
- Claim Jumper: On 14 November 2016, veterans who show valid ID may receive a free entree from a special menu.
- Denny’s: Denny’s restaurants nationwide are offering a free “Build Your Own Grand Slam” to active, inactive and retired military personnel on from 5 a.m. to noon on 11 November.
- Fogo de Chao: Veterans, active duty personnel receive half off on Veterans Day; 3 additional guests will receive 10 percent off.
- Golden Corral: The Golden Corral restaurant chain hosts a “military appreciation dinner” on 14 November 2016 from 5 to 9 p.m., providing free sit-down dinners to anyone who has ever served in the U.S. military (retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard or Reserve).
- Hooters: Hooters is offering all veterans and active duty military personnel a free meal of up to $10.99 in value (with any drink purchase) on 11 November 2016.
- Hoss’s: Hoss’s Steak and Sea House is offering veterans a choice between four free meals between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. on 11 November.
- Hy-Vee: Hy-Vee supermarkets with in-store dining are offering veterans and active-duty military members a free breakfast from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on 11 November.
- Krispy Kreme: Participating Krispy Kreme locations are offering all veterans and active duty military personnel a free doughnut and small coffee on 11 November.
- Little Caesars: The Little Caesars pizza restaurant chain is offering all United States armed forces veterans and active military members a free Lunch Combo on 11 November.
- Max & Erma’s: Participating Max & Erma’s locations are offering veterans a free 3-Course Combo on 11 November.
- Menchie’s: The Menchie’s chain of frozen yogurt stores is offering all veterans in uniform or with ID a free 6 oz. frozen yogurt on 11 November.
- O’Charley’s: The O’Charley’s restaurant chain is offering all veterans a free meal on 11 November, and a 10 percent discount all year long.
- Olive Garden: The Olive Garden Italian restaurant chain is offering veterans a free entree from their Veterans Day menu during regular business hours on 11 November.
- On the Border: The On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina chain is offering veterans a free entree from their “Create Your Own Combo” menu on 11 November.
- Outback: The Outback Steakhouse restaurant chain is offering free Bloomin’ Onion appetizers and beverages to veterans and active duty military at all of their U.S. locations on 11 November.
- Red Lobster: The Red Lobster Seafood Restaurant chain is offering veterans a free appetizer or desert (from a select list) on 10 and 11 November.
- Red Robin: All veterans and active duty military get a free dine-in Red’s Tavern Double Burger and Bottomless Steak Fries on 11 November 2016.
- Ruby Tuesday: Receive one free appetizer up to $10 in value on 11 November 2016. Excludes Guam, Manhattan, airport, and international locations.
- Shoney’s: Participating outlets of the Shoney’s restaurant chain are offering veterans and active military a free All-American Burger on 11 November.
- Spaghetti Warehouse: Receive a special “buy one entree, get one free” coupon offer; they are encouraging guests to “invite a veteran to lunch or dinner.” Coupon can be redeemed from 11 through 13 November. The coupon will be available on the Spaghetti Warehouse website on Nov. 4, and can be printed or presented by mobile phone.
- Sizzler: Participating locations of the Sizzler restaurant chain is offering all active duty and former members of the military a free lunch (a six-ounce Tri Tip Steak, a single Malibu Chicken, or a half dozen Fried Shrimp entree, with a choice of side dish) until 4:00 PM on 11 November.
- Starbucks: On Veterans Day 2016, active duty service members, reservists, veterans and military spouses will receive a free tall brewed coffee.
- Texas Roadhouse: U.S. outlets of the Texas Roadhouse restaurant chain are offering all active, former, or retired military a free lunch and beverage on 11 November 2016.
- T.G.I. Friday’s: Guests who show valid military identification can enjoy a free lunch menu item up to $12 on 11 November, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. local time.
- Tony Roma’s: Active military and veterans receive a complimentary half rack of baby back ribs at participating locations on November 11.
- Uno’s: With a military or veteran ID, customers receive a free entree when they buy an entree on Veterans Day.